To attend a transfer Orientation session, you must have earned 25 or more semester hours after completing high school.
If you are an incoming transfer student with MORE THAN 64 credit hours, your Orientation session can be waived. Please contact your academic advisor to get your Orientation waived if you meet this criteria.
you have scheduled an Orientation date, make an appointment with your academic advisor by
calling your college or department.
Schedule your advising appointment
for a time/date so that it occurs as soon as possible following your Orientation session. If you attend a morning Orientation session,
we strongly recommend you schedule your advising appointment for the afternoon on the same day as your Orientation.
You should plan to bring unofficial copies of transcripts from your previous educational institutions to your advising appointment.
- Pick up your Mavcard (student ID)
- Tour campus to give you a glimpse of what it is like to be a student here.
- Get connected with UNO’s email and Web services.
- Hear about getting involved outside the classroom.
- Learn about parking and campus shuttle services.
- Become familiar with the availability of different campus services.
Students can sign-up for an orientation session beginning on April 3rd. Freshmen and Transfer Orientation sessions run May-August. Additional information will contiually be sent to you with further information.
- Your Orientation confirmation letter
- NU ID# and password
- A photo ID such as a driver's license, government or state issued ID, military ID or passport for your Mavcard (student ID).
Transfer Orientation sessions last two hours. We ask that you arrive 15-30 minutes early to check in.
You must stay for the entire session in order to register for Fall classes and receive your Mavcard.
Orientation must be completed before you can meet with your academic advisor and register for your fall classes.
Orientations are intended for students only. Parents or friends who come with you will be asked to return after the conclusion of the program.
In most cases, you will register for classes when you meet with your advisor.
Parking information will be included in your confirmation letter.
Room information will be included in your confirmation letter.
Information regarding both on-campus and off-campus living can be found on the UNO Housing Website